Parents want tuition lessons to help their child to have a firm grasp of school curriculum, weed out common errors as well as learn revision strategies. While others may speak of the merits of private tuition, there are added benefits of group tuition over private tuition. Read on to find out what these benefits are.
3 Ways That Group Tuition Can Boost Your Child’s Learning
1. Credible and Current Lesson Materials Aid Engaged Learning
The Learning Lab’s team of over 40 curriculum specialists channel their passion for knowledge into researching and designing the best materials for your child.
In the TLL classroom...
- Math students don’t only think about volume as a 2D diagram-based question, they put themselves in the shoes of a shipping professional, sussing out the capacities of shipping containers.
- English students don’t just memorise phrasal verbs or idioms, they learn such vocabulary through passages about food sustainability or VR technology.
- Science students don’t just read about the life cycles of plants, they become junior botanists, tending to a set of succulents each embedded in its own small pot.
2. Learning From Others Enables Reflective Learning
Learning together helps to develop confidence and key competencies in your child.
Group lessons, such as those at The Learning Lab...
- provide your child with opportunities to interact with his or her peers.
- let your child share his or her ideas in a collaborative environment.
- are moderated and facilitated by a teacher who acts as a guide and mentor.
Learning theorist Lev Vygotsky talks about the Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) — a space that symbolises the gap between what a student already knows and what he or she has yet to learn. Classmates act as figures called More Knowledgeable Others (MKOs), helping to scaffold the knowledge of their peers with the support of the teacher, who facilitates and structures interactions and tasks.
3. Dynamic Teachers Nurture A Love Of Learning
At TLL, we believe that your child’s journey towards academic excellence starts with cultivating the right attitude in the right environment.
At The Learning Lab...
- a small class of 10-12 students ensures an ideal student-to-teacher ratio, allowing teachers to better respond to your child’s learning challenges and needs.
- teachers build strong rapport with your child, taking a genuine interest in his or her character development as well as his or her academic development.
Choosing Group Tuition With The Learning Lab
Private tuition may offer some level of customisation, but group tuition at TLL offers you the best of both worlds: a customised, well-researched curriculum as well as a fun and conducive learning environment so that classes don’t feel like “extra lessons”. Nurturing the love of learning in your child will empower him or her to excel both in the classroom and in the world.
Register Your Child For Our Term Three Lessons Now!
At the Learning Lab, we believe in nurturing the love of learning in our students to help each of them reach his or her full potential.
For every new core programme your child is enrolled in which starts by Thursday, 15 June 2017, you will receive a welcome pack of classroom essentials that your child can use in his or her lessons!
Feel free to bring your child’s test or exam paper along to his or her first class for a consultation with his or her teacher.*
Contact us to find a suitable class for your child — email email@example.com or call us at 6733 8711 and we will be happy to assist you.
*consultations may be arranged between parent(s) and teacher(s).