With the SA2 exams just a week away, this is the most critical period of the academic year for your child.
Here are some tips to help ease your child’s stress levels and better manage his or her revision.
For your child – key revision tips
Contributed by TLL Alumnus, Kate Lim Ji Won
1. Summarise your revision
- Create a cheat sheet with a comprehensive overview of the topic covered
- Be familiar with the expected approach needed to secure marks for each type of question
- Practise presenting your answer in an accurate and organised manner
- Read through model essays or examples of answers to structured questions
2. Practice makes perfect
- Make links between ideas you’ve learnt
- Practise a wide range of questions to solidify concepts you’ve learnt
- Attempt more tricky application questions, especially for Math and Science!
3. Believe in yourself
- Being nervous can cripple your self-confidence and may undermine your ability to tackle challenging questions
- Try not to overthink or question what you already know
For more revision tips, read Kate's full article:
8 Study Tips Every Student Needs To Know
For parents – helping your child prepare for the exams
1. Managing your child’s schedule
- Keep your child on track with what was planned
- Ensure revision schedules are not too packed as this might create unnecessary stress or pressure on your child
- Remind your child to maintain healthy sleeping hours and regulate their daily routines for optimal performance during exams in the morning
2. Keeping your child healthy
- Prevent your child from snacking on junk food as they study
- Prepare healthy snacks such as nuts or fruit
- Ensure your child eats healthily and at regular meal times as far as possible
Find out how else you can help your child prepare for the exams:
Helping your child prepare for the SA2 Exams
How does The Learning Lab help students with exam revision?
Our curriculum leading up to the year-end examinations focus largely on exam techniques and revision of key concepts. The lesson materials covered are specifically planned to reinforce our students’ understanding of each examinable topic. Teachers will also highlight common pitfalls students make during exams, and illustrate how these mistakes can be avoided.
Find out more about how we help our students work towards their desired grades at each exam:
THE FINAL PUSH TOWARDS THE SA2 EXAMS WITH TLL - PRIMARY SCHOOL
THE FINAL PUSH TOWARDS THE SA2 EXAMS WITH TLL - SECONDARY SCHOOL
Our Registration Is Open For Term 1-2017 Classes
If you are interested in speaking with one of our enrolment specialists about our 2017 programmes, schedule a meeting with us today.